Prepare a quick and easy meal that will please all your guests with this recipe for Traditional Cincinnati Chili rapido, presented by chef Antoine Sicotte on the show Chef de tribu. Accompanied by sour cream, lime wedges and corn chips, this is the dish to know for your next fiesta!
- Total duration : 35 min
- Preparation time 5 min
- Cooking time 30 min
Traditional Cincinnati Chili: Ingredients
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 454 g (1 lb.) lean or extra lean ground beef
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) chili powder
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) paprika, smoked or mild
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) cumin powder
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) dried oregano
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (796 mL) diced tomatoes
For the garnish
- Sour cream
- A few coriander leaves
- Lime wedges
- Corn chips
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil and sauté onion, garlic and bell pepper for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes.
- When the meat is cooked, add all the spices, mix and add the black beans and tomatoes, mix well. Adjust the seasoning, add salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, fresh coriander, lime wedges and corn chips.