The tomato sauce is the sauce to accompany all your pasta dishes, but not only, it goes with most dishes… Home, it is even better!
What is Sugo made of?
A simple, yet perfectly authentic Italian tomato sauce made with extra virgin olive oil, garlic and basil. You can use it on pizza, with gnocchi, or with your favorite pasta.
Preparation time 10 min
Cooking time 20 min
Total time 30 min
Type of dish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion or 2 shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic, halved or chopped
- 800 g tomato coulis
- fresh basil
- salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan or frying pan over low heat. Sauté the onion or shallots while stirring.
- When the onion is translucent, add the tomato coulis, basil and salt. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- If the garlic cloves have not been chopped, remove them before serving. Otherwise, leave them in. If necessary, add a little more basil just before serving.
I hope you will try this recipe and enjoy it! Don’t hesitate to tell me in comments. You can also try Mango Tomato Salsa