home made orange chicken Ingredients
- Chicken thighs4 chicken thighs
- 50 g flour
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 20 cl vegetable stock
- 5 cl dry white wine
- 4 pinches of salt or fine salt
- 4 pinches of ground pepper
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 organic oranges (to remove juice and zest)
- Microplane grater
Preparation time : 15min
Cooking time : 40min
- Grate the zest of half the oranges over a bowl. Squeeze all the oranges, collecting the juice in another bowl.
- Flour the chicken thighs, making sure they are well coated on all sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven, add the chicken thighs and sear them over high heat until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Deglaze with the white wine, let it evaporate, add half of the orange juice, the broth and the rosemary.
- Cover the pot, leaving the lid slightly ajar, lower the heat and continue cooking over medium heat for 40 minutes, turning the chicken occasionally and making sure it does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time, pour the remaining orange juice over the chicken and add the grated zest.
- Serve the chicken immediately with rice or mashed potatoes.