Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
dumpling recipe Ingredients
Serves 4 persons
- 200g ground pork
- 300g Ground beef
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 slice of bread without crust
- 1Small cup of milk
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. starch
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 20cl Poultry broth
- 10cl Brown beer
- Parsley sprigs (a little)
- Calories = Medium
- Peel and chop the onion. Press the garlic clove in a garlic press to remove the pulp. Rinse and remove the leaves from the parsley before chopping it (keep a few leaves for decoration). Soak the bread in the milk.
- Fry the onion in 1 tablespoon of oil with a little salt over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Place the pork and beef in a bowl. Stir in the whole egg, onion and garlic, chopped parsley and the bread that has been wrung out between your hands. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Take the bowl out of the refrigerator, flour your hands and shape into balls. Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the meatballs on all sides over medium heat. Pour in the beer and broth and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Place the meatballs in the serving dish. Sprinkle your sauce with cornstarch using a fine sieve and stir over medium heat until the sauce thickens. Coat the meatballs with the sauce, garnish with the remaining parsley and serve.
Tips and Tricks for Grandma’s Dumplings
Serve these meatballs with steamed potatoes.